LifeStraw Flex Replacement Filter
LifeStraw Flex Replacement Filter (Including Carbon Filter)
The LifeStraw® Flex replacement filter is the core of our newest addition – the LifeStraw® Flex – and a real multi-talent. The LifeStraw Flex filter can be used in five different ways and is our most powerful water filter.
How it works
The LifeStraw® Flex replacement filter is the next generation of the award-winning LifeStraw® water filters – with additional versatility and protection. It can be used alone and in many different ways, making it the ultimate accessory for traveling, sports and outdoor expeditions.
Includes a 2-stage filtration technology: The first stage of filtration features a replaceable hollow fiber membrane microbiological filter which filters to 0.2 microns and removes 99.999999 percent of waterborne bacteria, and 99.999 percent of waterborne protozoan parasites. At the second stage, the additional activated carbon filter improves taste while reducing chlorine, and organic chemical matter such as pesticides, herbicides, and VOCs. By using the LifeStraw® Flex you enjoy expanded protection against lead and some chemicals. The product is ideal for hiking, camping, and emergency preparedness/survival. It includes a collapsible squeeze bottle.
The LifeStraw® Flex replacement filter filters up to 100 liters of contaminated water without using iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals. The LifeStraw® technology has been independently tested and certified to meet EU directive 10/2011 and EU directive 1935/2004 regulatory standards.
Features and Benefits
- Filters up to 100 liters (25 gallons)
- Removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 8 reduction), including E-Coli
- Removes 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc. )
- Removes 99.999% of Microplastics
- Reduces lead and other heavy metals
- Reduces turbidity (silt, sand and cloudiness), filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Filter size: 6.42“ (163 mm) x 1.49“ (38 mm)
- Easy to replace
- Replaceable hollow fiber membrane and carbon filters
One Product, Many Uses
- Can be used as a straw or with the LifeStraw® Flex soft bottle
- Fits most standard size hydration bladders
- Fits many gravity systems on the market that use a standard tube size (fits into the base of the tube connecting the bag to the filter)
- Can be connected to a gravity bag and hose
With the LifeStraw® Flex filter you have access to safe, clean drinking water in any situation – whether you drink directly from a water source, fill up the LifeStraw® Flex soft bottle or use it with a gravity system. Therefore, it is the ideal accessory for your hiking, camping and outdoor adventures, travels, and emergency preparedness.
The Impact of your Purchase
For each LifeStraw® product you purchase, a school child in a developing community receives clean drinking water for one entire school year. By 2018, LifeStraw® has supported more than 1 million children in Africa and India. Learn more about our initiative here.