LifeStraw Flex with Gravity Bag
Out of stock
Next level protection: The LifeStraw® Flex is a real multi-talent and finally also available with a 3,7 liter (1 gallon) gravity bag! The compact, lightweight water filtration system provides you with expanded protection on your adventures and even removes heavy metals from water.
How it works
The LifeStraw® Flex is the next generation of the award-winning LifeStraw® personal water filter – with additional versatility and protection while still being extremely lightweight and long-lasting. The cutting-edge filter can handle a wide array of contaminants found in water across the globe. It can be used in many different ways, making it the ultimate accessory for traveling, sports and outdoor expeditions. In combination with the gravity bag, the LifeStraw® Flex is capable of filtering 1 liter every 2 mins.
The LifeStraw® Flex works with a 2-stage filtration technology: The first stage features a replaceable hollow fiber membrane microbiological filter which filters to 0.2 microns, removes 99.999999 percent of waterborne bacteria, and 99.999 percent of waterborne protozoan parasites. At the second stage, the additional activated carbon filter improves taste while reducing chlorine, and organic chemical matter such as pesticides, herbicides, and VOCs. You also enjoy expanded protection against lead and some chemicals.
The LifeStraw® Flex filters up to 2,000 liters of contaminated water without using iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals. LifeStraw® products do not require batteries, have no moving parts and use no chemicals. This displays a great and more innovative alternative to iodine tablets and bulky purifiers. The LifeStraw® technology has been independently tested and certified to meet EU directive 10/2011 and EU directive 1935/2004 regulatory standards.
Features and Benefits
- Filters up to 2,000 liters (500 gallons) of water
- Integrated carbon capsule filters up to 100 liters (25 gallons)
- Removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 8 reduction), including E-Coli
- Removes 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc. )
- Removes 99.999% of Microplastics
- Reduces lead and other heavy metals
- Reduces turbidity (silt, sand and cloudiness), filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Filtration powered by: gravity (when paired with the gravity system), suction (as a straw or in-line), pressure (in the squeezable bottle)
- Gravity bag material: TPU laminated with 210 denier nylon fabric
- Gravity bag volume: 3,7 l (1 gallon)
- Hose length: 70 cm (27,56”)
- Total product weight: 198 gramms (6.94 oz)
- Filter size: 163 mm x 38 mm (6.42“ x 1.49“)
- BPA free
- Replaceable hollow fiber membrane and carbon filters
LifeStraw® Flex filter, gravity bag, hose, backwashing syringe for cleaning
One Product, Many Uses
- Can be connected to the gravity bag and hose
- Can be used as a straw or with the LifeStraw® Flex soft bottle
- Fits most standard size hydration bladders. Using the LifeStraw Flex in-line with a hydration bladder is done by cutting the hose at the mouthpiece or midway
- Fits many gravity systems on the market that use a standard tube size. LifeStraw Flex fits into the base of the tube connecting the bag to the filter
The versatile LifeStraw® Flex is designed to provide safe, clean drinking water in any situation – whether you use it with a gravity system, drink directly from a water source, or use it with a bottle. Get the ideal accessory for your hiking, camping and outdoor adventures, travels, and emergency preparedness.
The Impact of your Purchase
For each LifeStraw product you purchase, a school child in a developing community receives clean drinking water for one entire school year. By 2018, LifeStraw has supported more than 1 million children in Africa and India. Learn more about our initiative here.