LifeStraw Flex with Collapsible Squeeze Bottle
The LifeStraw Flex is our newest addition and a real multi-talent. Ultra-light, versatile and with a long-lasting filter: The LifeStraw Flex can be used in five different ways and is our most powerful personal water filter.
How the LifeStraw Flex works
The LifeStraw Flex is the next generation of the award-winning LifeStraw personal water filter – with additional versatility and protection while still extremely lightweight and long-lasting. It can be used in many different ways, making it the ultimate accessory for traveling, sports and outdoor expeditions.
It includes a 2-stage filtration technology: The first stage of filtration features a replaceable hollow fiber membrane microbiological filter which filters to 0.2 microns and removes 99.999999 percent of waterborne bacteria, and 99.999 percent of waterborne protozoan parasites. At the second stage, the additional activated carbon filter improves taste while reducing chlorine, and organic chemical matter such as pesticides, herbicides, and VOCs. By using the LifeStraw Flex you enjoy expanded protection against lead and some chemicals. The product is ideal for hiking, camping, and emergency preparedness/survival. It includes a collapsible squeeze bottle.
The LifeStraw Flex filters up to 2,000 liters of contaminated water without using iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals. LifeStraw products do not require batteries, have no moving parts and use no chemicals. This displays a great and more innovative alternative to iodine tablets and bulky purifiers. The LifeStraw® technology has been independently tested and certified to meet EU directive 10/2011 and EU directive 1935/2004 regulatory standards.
Features and Benefits
- Filters up to 2,000 liters (500 gallons) of water
- Integrated carbon capsule filters up to 100 liters (25 gallons)
- Removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 8 reduction), including E-Coli
- Eliminates 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc. )
- Removes 99.999% of micro plastics
- Reduces lead and other heavy metals
- Reduces turbidity (silt, sand and cloudiness), filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Filtration powered by: suction (as a straw or in-line), pressure (in the squeezable bottle) and gravity (when paired with a gravity system)
- Soft bottle material: TPU
- Soft bottle capacity: 650 ml (22 fl oz) / size: 270 mm x 98 mm (10.6” x 3.85”)
- Product weight with soft bottle: 90 grams (3.15 oz)
- Filter size: 163 mm x 38 mm (6.42“ x 1.49“)
- BPA free and recyclable
- Replaceable hollow fiber membrane and carbon filters
LifeStraw Flex Kit includes:
LifeStraw Flex filter, soft bottle and backwashing syringe for cleaning
One Product, Many Uses
- Use it as a simple drinking straw
- Place it in the soft bottle provided (from this, the water can also be squeezed)
- You can adapt it to a regular PET bottle
- Fits most standard size hydration bladders. Using the LifeStraw Flex with a hydration bladder is done by cutting the hose at the mouthpiece or midway
- Fits many gravity systems on the market that use a standard tube size. LifeStraw Flex fits into the base of the tube connecting the bag to the filter
- In addition, it can be connected to a gravity bag and hose, instead of a soft bottle
The LifeStraw Flex is designed to provide safe, clean drinking water in any situation – whether you drink directly from a water source, fill up the soft bottle or use it with a gravity system. Therefore, it is the ideal accessory for your hiking, camping and outdoor adventures, travels and emergency preparedness.
The Impact of your Purchase
For each LifeStraw product you purchase, a school child in a developing community receives clean drinking water for one entire school year. By 2018, LifeStraw has supported more than 1 million children in Africa and India. Learn more about our initiative here.