LifeStraw® Personal Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness
The LifeStraw® Personal is an ultra-light, travel & backpack friendly straw filter and a must have for every outdoor enthusiast.
How it works
The LifeStraw® Personal filters up to 4,000 liters of contaminated water without using iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals. This personal water purifier does not require batteries, has no moving parts and uses no chemicals. The LifeStraw® Personal displays a great and more innovative alternative to iodine tablets and bulky purifiers.
The LifeStraw® technology contains a specially designed hollow fiber ultrafiltration technology, most commonly found in industrial water treatment plants that clean a city’s water supply. The inside of the LifeStraw® consists of a large number of hollow fibers. Each fiber has pores in its walls with a diameter of 0.2 microns. When water is forced through the hollow fibers, only clean water can fit through these pores, blocking bacteria, parasites, and dirt from reaching the user. The LifeStraw® technology has been independently tested and certified to meet EU directive 10/2011 and EU directive 1935/2004 regulatory standards.
Features and Benefits
- Filters up to 4,000 liters (1,000 gallons) of water down to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 8 reduction), including E-Coli
- Removes 99.999% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 5 reduction), including Giardia & Cryptosporidium
- Removes 99.999% of Microplastics
- Reduces turbidity (silt, sand, and cloudiness)
- Material: Plastic and Hollow fibre, outer shell made of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Ultra-light weight: 2 ounces (57 grams)
- Size: 9” (225 mm) long and 1” (25 mm) in diameter for portability
- Storage capacity: 23 ounces (650 ml)
- Contains no chemicals or batteries, and does not use iodine or iodine resin
The LifeStraw® Personal is designed to provide safe, clean drinking water in any situation. Therefore it is the ideal accessory for your hiking, camping and outdoor adventures, travel, and emergency preparedness. Place the LifeStraw® Personal directly in the contaminated water and you can immediately start to drink. The access to safe water has never been easier.
The Impact of your Purchase
With the purchase of each LifeStraw®product, one child in need receives safe drinking water for an entire school year. Giving back can be so easy! Learn more about how we bring clean drinking water to children in Kenya and India here.