Out of stock
LifeStraw Steel Personal Water Filter with 2 Stage Carbon Filtration for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness
LifeStraw® Steel is a durable, ultra-light and sleek steel straw filter with a 2-stage water filtration process – therefore it is great for traveling & backpacking, and a must have for every outdoor enthusiast.
How it works
The LifeStraw® Steel personal water filter builds upon the ingenuity to the original LifeStraw® Personal Water Filter with a durable steel exterior and 2-stage water filtration process. It is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, as well as traveling. It combines the 2-stage filtration with a sleek and light-weight design. The award-winning LifeStraw® hollow fiber membrane water filter removes bacteria and protozoa from lakes and streams to ensure safe drinking wherever you are.
The first stage uses advanced hollow fiber membrane technology with 0.2-micron pore sizes to remove waterborne bacteria and protozoa for up to 4,000 liters. Afterward, the second stage uses a replaceable activated carbon capsule to improve taste, reduce chlorine, and reduce organic chemical matter for up to 100 liters. The LifeStraw® technology has been independently tested and certified to meet EU directive 10/2011 and EU directive 1935/2004 regulatory standards.
Features and Benefits
- LifeStraw® filters 4,000 liters (1,000 gallons) to 0.2 microns
- Integrated carbon capsule filters up to 100 liters (26 gallons)
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (E. Coli, etc.)
- Eliminates 99.9% protozoan parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
- Removes 99.999% of microplastics
- Reduces turbidity (silt, sand, and cloudiness)
- Reduces organic chemical matter (Pesticides, Herbicides, VOC)
- Material: Hollow fiber
- Weight: 3.7 oz (105 grams)
- Size: 8.26” (210 mm) long and 1.18” (30 mm) in diameter
- Storage capacity: 10 fl oz (295 ml)
- Contains no chemicals, iodine or batteries
- Replaceable carbon capsules available
The LifeStraw® Steel with a 2-stage filter is the ideal accessory for traveling, backpacking, sports, hiking, and other outdoor activities. The light design makes this water filter a perfect companion: You can easily pack it anywhere. The personal water filter even allows you to drink directly from ponds, lakes, rivers or streams!
The Impact of your Purchase
With the purchase of each LifeStraw® product, one child in need receives safe drinking water for an entire school year. Giving back can be so easy! Learn more about how we bring clean drinking water to children in Kenya and India here.